Tuesday 26 February 2013

Devon Rex Love...

Devon Rexes just have something about them that makes you melt...

My boys aren't exactly backward about coming forward when we're talking about affection. It doesn't take much from them to turn me into a pathetic, cooing mumma... when they wag their tails at me, do that special Devon Rex chirrup or jump into my lap I almost always forget what I was meant to be doing and smother them with kisses and love.

Sometimes I've got other things I have to do... (get dressed to go out, make dinner, try and have a pee in private) and can't devote myself to them 100%. That's when they bring out the big guns. Both my boys can climb my legs and jump into my arms in seconds if they feel like they're being ignored. They've been with me a month now and I've already lost count of the number of times I've been late to meet friends because of them. I lie of course... there's no way you can tell a non-Devon owner that you're 20 minutes late because while you were applying your makeup your cats just had to have a cuddle.

But the thing that really makes me melt every time is the way they look at me. I've owned dogs, horses and regular cats for most of my life and have always been very aware that for an animal direct eye contact is an act of aggression or domination. Apparantly nobody told my boys...

If I have one (or both) of them in my lap while I'm watching the TV, on the computer or reading they'll sit there, purring for ages. Then I feel like I'm being watched, look down and see a kitty staring straight into my eyes. The second I make eye contact with them, they go nuts, purring even harder than before, headbutting my face and generally telling me they love me and want me to love them in the most irresistible way possible,

I love my Devon Rexes. And they love me. What more can a girl ask for?

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog, thanks so much for writing! Please keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you SnowyFeathers that's so sweet! Are you a Devon owner too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! There are so many sites claiming that Devon Rex aren't affectionate & as I am about to bring one home to live with me & 4 month old my Ragdoll kitten I needed to know I had made a good choice in deciding to get a Devon Rex to be my second feline family member. I will be reading more of this blog,Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry I've been offline for a while, but Anonymous you re going to LOVE living with a Devon. I've gone from being clueless to a total addict and am actually plotting to get a third next year. Would love to hear bout your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also a proud owner of two Devon Rexes - and I just started a blog about them too. Feel fre to visit: http://devonrexing.wordpress.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many sites claiming that Devon Rex aren't affectionate & as I am about to bring one home to live with me & 4 month old my Ragdoll kitten I needed to know I had made a good choice in deciding to get a Devon Rex to be my second feline family member. thanks so much for writing! Please keep up the good work .http://onedaytop.com/september-happy-cat-month/

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm not a Devon Rex expert nor am I a breeder. In fact, when I set up this blog (early Feb 2013) I'd had Devon Rexes for just 9 days. I'm just blogging about my life with my Devons and writing the kind of blog I wish I'd had access to when I was researching the breed. I hope you find it useful and/or entertaining. I'm already head over heels in love with the Devon Rex Breed and especially with my two beautiful boys, Blue and Bowie