Friday 8 February 2013

About "Life with a Devon Rex"


Before you read any further, I want to make one thing clear. I am NOT an expert on Devon Rexes, nor am I a breeder. I'm just a girl who decided to share my home with two of these little elves and after loads of research they arrived in January 2012 (just over a week ago at the time I'm writing this).

Before deciding on a Devon I obsessively trawled the internet for every piece of information I could find on the breed. I've pretty much memorised the wikipedia entry, I've viewed every poorly-shot video on youtube and I've visited just about every one of the top 50 entries in Google for Devon Rex. What I couldn't find was a personal account of life with a Devon Rex... what are they really like to live with? Are they as affectionate/smart/beautiful/amusing as the breeders would have you think? That's why, just one week into life with Devons I've set up this blog to share my journey with you and let you know just how amazing your life with these cats can be!


I live in Italy with Blue (my black smoke Devon), Bowie (my white Devon Rex with odd eyes) and Lola, my 11 year old Irish Setter.

Welcome to "Life with a Devon Rex"...!

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea - I love your Blog!
    I will enjoy reading all about your journey with your gorgeous new Devon's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Rextreme, I'd love to hear your comments too, after all you're the expert, I'm just a novice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola, tu blog es genial, hay datos muy interesantes

    Aquí te dejo más información sobre la raza de gato Devon Rex y un video de fotos del Devon Rex.

    Espero que te guste mi blog y si quieres dejame un comentario

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    Just stumbled across your website on life with a Devon Rex and it's really made me laugh.

    We've just taken on a 13 year old smoke black Devon rex and I'm totally in love with the breed already.

    I don't suppose you have updated the blog any further than 2013 as I'd love to hear more stories.

    Best wishes
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also Italian and also considering buying a Devon Rex so this blog comes in very useful.. a bit of a pity though you haven't updated it recently.. what happened to the beautiful pair meanwhile?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting my babies in a few weels, so glad I came across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting my smoke boy next weekend. I love your blog would be great to have an update

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I'm not a Devon Rex expert nor am I a breeder. In fact, when I set up this blog (early Feb 2013) I'd had Devon Rexes for just 9 days. I'm just blogging about my life with my Devons and writing the kind of blog I wish I'd had access to when I was researching the breed. I hope you find it useful and/or entertaining. I'm already head over heels in love with the Devon Rex Breed and especially with my two beautiful boys, Blue and Bowie